The new Stone Center on Socio-Economic Inequality is pleased to be hosting the Seventh Meeting of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequality (ECINEQ) in New York City, July 17-19, 2017. The conference will be held at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, located in midtown Manhattan. This will be the first time that the ECINEQ conference will be held in the United States.
The ECINEQ conference provides a forum for rigorous analysis of inequality, poverty, and redistribution, both at the theoretical and empirical levels, as well as for discussions of the policy implications of research findings on these topics.
ECINEQ aims to achieve high scholarly standards in both the selection of topics and related debates, whether they concern theoretical issues, empirical analyses, or the design or implementation of policies.
The Keynote speakers are:
● Frank Cowell (London School of Economics)
● Marc Fleurbaey (Princeton University)
● Peter H. Lindert (University of California – Davis)
The program will also include the inaugural Stone Lecture on Wealth Inequality, which will be presented by Gabriel Zucman (University of California – Berkeley).
The deadline for submission of papers is February 8, 2017.
● Decisions about acceptances will be announced by ECINEQ on March 22, 2017.
● Only reasonably complete papers should be submitted.
● Submitted papers should be in English, may not exceed 15,000 words, and must be sent in PDF format. Submissions in other formats will not be considered. Limit file size to 4MB at most.
● Although the main focus of ECINEQ is the economics of inequality and poverty, high-quality submissions from social science disciplines other than economics are welcomed.
To submit an abstract and a paper click here and follow the instructions
Accepted papers will be included in the program only if the conference fee has been paid.
The fee structure is as follows:
● Regular rate: 350 Euros.
● Special rate for PhD students and researchers from “least developed countries” (i.e., countries included in the following list): 200 Euros.
Fees include: registration, lunches, official dinner, coffee breaks, conference material, and ECINEQ membership for 2017-2019.